Thursday, June 12, 2008

Rain Rain GO AWAY

I'm so sick of this rain! Aaron was called in to the National Guard to help with flood relief. He's doing a good thing, and I know that not only do I appreciate what he's doing, but so do the other citizens!

Anyway, the cul-de-sac entrance has had water over it for the past week or so, but it wasn't too bad...I could easily drive through it. This is what I woke up to this morning.





Thankfully there was the little dry spot that I could back onto. But getting the rest of the way out was a little scary. I made it through going slowly (I had the brakes on to keep from going too fast). Once I was through, I heard some squeaking, but I let off the gas, and it went away. It smelled for a brief second...probably the heat burning off the water. Needless to say, I won't be parking in the driveway tonight! I'll have to park on the street north of us, then walk through the neighbor's yard and our back yard.

RAIN GO AWAY!!!!

No comments: